Tuesday, December 16, 2008






































Holiday greetings from Burma....


I'm having a wonderful time in Myanmar -- and I have 1,248 photos to prove it. Wish you were here.

Burma is a wonderful. Everyone here is totally friendly and there is so much to see. I could run on for hours about how Burma is the last undiscovered tourist paradise but the internet connections here aren't all that hot.

"But what about the Junta," you might ask. "We've heard that Myanmar is a military state. Are you safe?"

Apparently the generals all live in some new capital city somewhere off in the jungle and seem to have reached some sort of agreement with the rest of the Burmese -- you leave us alone and we'll leave you alone. I could be wrong about this but that's what I've experienced so far. I've seen over 3,000 Buddhist monks and nuns so far but only one soldier.

Burma is a tourist paradise. Think Thailand forty years ago. I love it here.

Happy holidays.

PS: My granddaughter, baby Mena, is now standing up all by herself. Mena, PLEEZE don't take your first steps until I get back!