Friday, August 01, 2008

Embedded in Iraq -- but not on Blogspot!

I'm leaving tomorrow for Iraq. I will be embedded at Camp Falcon, south of Baghdad. My story line of covering the weapons caches found in Baghdad was approved and I'm off to go look at bunches of weapons captured by the US military and the Iraqi army. "You'd better not bring any of that stuff back!" said my neighbor.

Okay. I have the credentials to get embedded in Iraq. It took some doing and the possession of a good reputation as a journalist and 600 article entries posted on my blog in the past eight years -- ever since GW Bush stole the 2000 election.

But apparently my credentials are not good enough to get me embedded at either the Democratic or Republican conventions. Sure, it's humiliating but I can live with it. Did I really think that inside-the-Beltway politicians were actually gonna clap their hands with glee while I write about what a wus that "maverick" John McCain has become ever since the Bushies put him in his place in South Carolina eight years ago or how the Dems have wimped out so much in the last eight years that they have practically been McCain's role model.

But what has really gotten my knickers in a twist is that my blog has just been locked down by Google/Blogspot! "Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog." Say what!

Was it my article on the failing economy that was spam? Or perhaps the review of Richard Engel's new book on Iraq? Or my essay on global warming? Or wanting to see GWB in jail....

Then Blogspot sent me a new warning. "This blog has been locked due to possible Blogger
Terms of Service violations. You may not publish new posts until your blog is reviewed and unlocked." Now I've also violated the Terms of Service? So much for free speech.

I'm screwed.

****

My blog article on global warming:
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Thomas-Friedman-s--Hot--Fl-by-Jane-Stillwater-080612-492.html

My blog article on Richard Engel's new book:
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Richard-Engel-s-book--War--by-Jane-Stillwater-080713-234.html

My blog article on getting credentialed for the conventions:
http://www.opednews.com/articles/How-come-our-favorite-onli-by-Jane-Stillwater-080724-345.html

****

Note: I'm leaving back to Iraq on Saturday, to explore downtown Baghdad and other fun things like that. I made a proposal to MNFI that I do a story on the bunches of weapons caches found in Baghdad recently and they accepted my idea. Now all I need is to pay off the airfare I charged. Please feel free to donate to my "Jane Tours Sadr City" fund! Just go to
http://paypal.com/ and donate to jpstillwater@yahoo.com.