Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ode to becoming a foster care parent: Changing the world one child at a time...

I am a foster parent. Being a foster parent is a lot of work but it also brings a lot of rewards. I highly recommend it!

Did you know that one of the best foster care agencies in the world is located right here in Berkeley? It's true. I went to a meeting at the agency last night and they said, "We really need new foster parents. If you know any people or have any friends who might consider becoming foster parents, please let us know."


I know people! I know people who use the internet! So. If you are reading this, consider yourself my friend. And here's a friendly suggestion -- because there is such an urgent need for foster parents, you could enrich your life by helping a child and helping save the world "One child at a time". Plus you will receive $23 a day to cover the child's expenses. Plus you will feel all good about yourself for having done good deeds. Both small children and teenagers (who are easier to take care of) are looking for homes. And there is also a foster-care-to-adoption program too.

If you live in California and want to know more, please call me at 843-0581 and I will gladly give you the 411 about this outstanding agency and foster care program.